While browsing the website www.BookMyExperiences.com (the “Website") and using the related services, BookMyExperiences may set cookies on your browser. This is only possible if your browser preferences allow it.
When you visit our website, information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie.
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer hard disk or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used to make our website work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website accessing the services offered by BookMyExperiences and to automatically provide BookMyExperiences with information, allowing us to understand which parts of its website are most popular, identifying a new or repeat user/visitor, remembering their preferences , how much time do they spend on the Website, how to improve the browsing experience of users through customizing the services offered and allowing to navigate between pages efficiently. Furthermore, cookies are also used to provide advertising (including from third parties) that is relevant for the user based on their interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First-party cookies served directly by us to your computer or mobile device;
- Third-party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We may use third-party cookies for functionality, performance/analytics, advertising/tracking and social media purposes. Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are persistent cookies, meaning that they are saved on your computer or mobile device for a fixed period and are not deleted when browser is closed. They can be used by our website to recognize your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- Enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to our website;
- Track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our website;
- Understand the total number of visitors to our Website on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
- Monitor the performance of our website and continually improve it;
- Customize and enhance your online experience.
3. What types of Cookies do we use?
The types of cookies used by us and our partners in connection with our website can be classified into one of five categories, namely “cookies necessary for essential Our purposes”, “functionality cookies”, “performance and analytics cookies”, “advertising and tracking cookies”, and “social media cookies'. We have set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties set in the following table.
Cookies necessary for our essential purpose:
These cookies are essential in providing you with our website and all services available through the website. These cookies also support with features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
Functionality cookies record information about choices you have made and allow us to tailor our website to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the website, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Save your location preference if you have set your location on your homepage, and, if applicable, to receive a local weather forecast;
- Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors;
- Show you when you are logged in;
- Store accessibility options
Performance and Analytics Cookies:
We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how our website is accessed, used, or is performing to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the website. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Better understand the visitors of our website in order to improve and ensure present and relevant content;
- Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage;
- Collect information about our website visitors, such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
- Determine the number of unique users that visit our website;
- Improve our website by measuring any errors that occur;
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
Advertising and Tracking Cookies:
We may allow third party companies, including advertising companies (such as Google), to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities, so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These Cookies store information about the content you are browsing together with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.
These Cookies also allow us and third parties to know whether you've seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you've last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes, to help tailor the ads you see, and to measure the effectiveness of ads.
There are various pages on our website where third parties provide applications of their own cookies to track the success of their services (applications) or customize applications for you. Due to how these cookies work, we cannot access the cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us. Some pages of our website may also contain embedded content and these third-party sites may set their own cookies.